A 250-year old historical relic exists in P. Guevara Elementary School. It is a marker put up in 1762 to signify the opening of the Alcaiceria de San Fernando which was completed during the reign of King Charles III of Spain and initiated under the administration of Gov. Gen Don Manuel de Arandia. The Archbishop of Manila, Manuel Rojo del Rio y Vieyra presided in its installation and he invoked the protection of Our Lady of Guadalupe, Patroness of the Isles for the multi-storey octagonal edifice.
The Alcaiceria was the silk market, the custom house of the eightth parian. It was popularly known to the chinese as the "chen-nai". The structure was burned down in the 1850's. Two of the original walls could still be found in the school.